In order to express ourselves and accentuate our appearance, we often go to get cosmetic services. For example, we get our hair done, eyebrows done, facials, and more! One of the most common cosmetic services is nails. Getting a manicure is one of the best ways to make ourselves feel and look more presentable.
One of the worst things about manicures is the nail polish chipping. For most of us, it can be really bothersome and can make us take all of the nail polish off right there and then. This shortens the longevity of the manicure and we end up having to spend more money to get them redone.
Luckily, there is a remedy for this. And that remedy is called Color Street Nails.
Color Street is a company that produces nail polish in the form of stickers. They are made from regular nail polish, but they last longer and are easier to apply. Also, they come in many different colors and patterns that may not be available in typical nail art. You can fit them to the exact shape and size of your nail by sticking and filing off the excess polish!
Now, let’s get into all you need to know about Color Street Nails!
- One of the best things about Color Street Nails is how versatile they are with colors and patterns. A lot of the patterns that Color Street has to offer are nearly impossible to do with liquid polish or nail art. Also, they come in a wide variety of different colors, so you are bound to find a color and/or pattern that fits your wants and needs!
- You can shape them to perfectly fit your nail size and shape. Color Street offers different sized nail polish stickers to best match each nail size. From there, you simply file off the excess for a perfect shape at the end of your nail.
- These stickers usually last up to 10 days. This means 10 days without chipping or becoming dull!
- Lastly, you can usually apply these pretty easily yourself. That means you don’t have to go out to the nail salon every time you need your nails done. This is not only convenient for you, but it also is great for people who are on a budget!
- It seems that you can only buy Color Street Nails from a Color Street Rep. So you cannot buy them directly from the store. Luckily, there are tons of Color Street Reps in lots of different areas. To find one, we recommend putting a post in your local Facebook group to see if anyone is close to you! Otherwise, there are other services online that can put you in touch with someone.
- If you do not remove them properly, they can do some damage to the surface of your real nails. Since they are made with 100% nail polish, they should be removed with nail polish remover. If you peel them off instead, they can crack or slightly damage your real nails.
Color Street Nails can be confusing at first. For years of using traditional nail polish, even we were boggled by the idea! But it really isn’t all that difficult once you learn more about it.
Color Street Nails come in packs of 16 strips to ensure that each size sticker is able to fit each of your nail sizes. They stick to the nails and then you cut off the excess. From there, you will likely still have some of the sticker hanging over. To get rid of this, you can easily file it off with a nail file!
Here is a step by step of how to apply Color Street Nails.
Before applying these nail stickers, you are going to want to make sure that your nails are completely prepped and cleaned. If you have any oils or any buildup on your nails, the nails probably won’t stick as well.
If you have any previous nail polish on your nails, remove it completely with an acetone nail polish remover. Then, do everything to your nails that you would normally before painting them. This includes pushing back the cuticles, buffing them, filing them, etc. From there, thoroughly wash your hands and make sure they are completely dry.
Color Street Nails comes with 16 different stickers in each package. So you have some sizing options to choose from. Choose the 10 stickers that fit your nails best.
If there isn’t a sticker that perfectly fits the size of your nail, we recommend going a little smaller than larger. If the sticker is too large, it will likely not be able to stick to your nail completely since it will be touching the skin on the sides of the nail.
Then, it is time to apply the stickers to your nails. One by one, peel off the backing and precisely stick it to your nails. Try to get it perfectly in place the first time, as the more you take it on and off reduces how long-lasting it is.
Make sure the rounded edge is right below or right up to the edge of the cuticle. Do not go over the cuticle, as this will make it peel off faster. Then, smooth the sticker on your nail to make sure there are not any air bubbles and that it is smooth against the nail.
One the stickers are perfectly smoothed to your nails, it is time to file of the excess. To do this, you simply fold the excess downwards and file it off in downward motions. Make sure you do not go in back and forth motions, as this can file off too much.
Color Street Nails usually last 10 days on average. To make them last as long as they can, make sure you are properly applying them. Also, the more work you do with your hands, the more likely they will wear off faster. Simply take care of them like you would a regular manicure.
Since Color Street Nails are made from 100% real nail polish, they can be removed with regular nail polish remover. We recommend doing it this way instead of peeling them off. When users peeled them off, some have experienced it damaging their actual nail.
There you have it, all you need to know about Color Street Nails! Color Street Nails are a great alternative to regular nail polish. Although they can only be bought from a Color Street Representative, they are an amazing product that users can do from the comfort of their own home! If you have the chance to try out Color Street Nails, we recommend doing so to see if it’s for you. The only way to know if you really like it is to try!