Face serums are a must in any skincare and beauty routine. But have you ever heard of a multi-peptide hair serum? A serum that promotes hair growth, density and health. Sounds like a dream! The Ordinary has a Multi-Peptide hair serum and while most hair serums tend to run very pricey, this one is super affordable. And the best part, if you’re consistent…you’ll see results.
The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density is a great buy for the price. Most hair serums run pretty steep and this one is super affordable. With consistent and long term use, you will notice the formation of new baby hairs and healthier hair. It truly works! Patience is key with this product but with this price, we’re not complaining.
Is a hair serum a gimmick?
Some may be but you have to have the right mindset when you start using one. This serum works but when the hair starts to grow, it starts off as baby hairs. So you won’t go using this serum and have mermaid-esque hair a month later. You’ll have new baby hairs that will continue to grow making your hair denser and more plentiful.
This product works but it takes time. Most hair growth and density serums take time and consistency because you cannot grow hair overnight. I’ve been using this serum on and off for 3 months and I do notice lots of new baby hairs and my hair does feel the thickest it’s been in a while. It also feels the healthiest it’s been in a while. But keep in mind, this is also in combination with a pandemic, working from home and rarely ever using heat on my hair anymore.
That makes a huge difference but, I do believe this product is working and I would totally recommend it. I think this product is a hidden gem but you have to commit to applying it to your hair daily to see results. Daily and long term use is key if you want to see noticeable results.
This serum has a dropper applicator which is just okay for application. The nice thing is, this serum does not make my hair greasy or ruin my blowout after using it. The best way to use it is to apply it directly to your scalp or any sparse areas. Personally, I apply the serum to my hairline and at the crown of my head. I notice the new baby hairs near my hairline – if you’re using this serum on your scalp, it will be hard to spot baby hairs there so keep that in mind.
The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density Pros
- This serum is super affordable. Most hair growth serums and topical products tend to be really expensive. With this serum, you get a decent amount of product that will last a few months.
- This product is pretty unique – there aren’t tons of topical, hair density serums on the market to choose from.
- This product really works if you commit to using it daily and long term.
- This serum helps to promote the health and integrity of your hair.
- Alcohol-free, silicone-free, vegan, and cruelty-free formula.
- New baby hairs will sprout with continued use so keep an eye out.
- This works great on bald spots or sparse areas.
- This serum can also work on eyebrows if you use a brush to apply it to the area.
- This does not make your hair crunchy or ruin your blow out.
- This can be used on dry or wet hair.
- This can be used morning or night. Once a day is a good practice.
- Glass packaging is recyclable.
The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density Cons
- This does not work overnight. Consistent and long term use is a must. But, this goes for any hair growth or density serum.
- The dropper is a little tough and time-consuming to use but most hair serums are like this.
- The ingredient breakdown offered on The Ordinary’s website is confusing and hard to decipher if you don’t know the terms they’re using. This is basically anyone who isn’t a beauty chemist.
- You may miss the results if you don’t look carefully!
- Some reviewers said this didn’t work for them. You have to give it time and you have to look carefully.
Apply this to your scalp, sort of like your part since you want it on the scalp and not the hair. Then massage it in for a few minutes – this also helps to stimulate hair growth. This goes on your scalp not your hair so no need to apply it to the ends like a hair oil. (It does not matter if your hair is wet or dry!) This is a leave-in product so no need to worry about washing it out. This serum does not make your hair crunchy or oily so if your hair is styled no need to worry about this ruining it.
This serum is available on:
If you want your hair to look thicker, this density serum by The Ordinary is a very effective option. Most hair thickening serum and products cost hundreds and hundreds while this one is super cost effective. If you use this serum, keep in mind it will give back what you put into it. If you’re consistent and use it long term, you will see results. You really have to commit to 3-6 months of use to see a noticeable difference so be patient.
Affordable and quality hair care is tough to find. While this is the only hair care product from The Ordinary, hopefully we can expect more in the future because this product is a winner!