In recent years, one of the biggest advancements in skin treatments has been the invention of portable skincare treatments that provide the same results as going to the spa, allowing you to boost your skin anywhere you go. The most popular at-home anti-aging & skin care devices on the market are Solawave, NuFACE Trinity, and Trophy Skin BrightenMD. But which one is the best? Before you make your choice, we’ll help you decide between Solawave vs NuFACE vs Trophy Skin.
Having beautiful, radiant skin is probably everyone’s ultimate beauty goal. For professionals who want to look their best but don’t have the luxury of time to do so, the increase in the demand and availability of home anti-aging skin devices can only be a good thing. But it’s finding the best options that could be tricky for those new to the whole skin care biz, especially as newer products that claim to offer bigger, unique benefits and newer technologies continue to be manufactured over time. The question is, which of these technologies actually deliver visible optimal results?
LED Light Therapy
LED (light-emitting diode) light therapy is a skincare treatment that’s been increasingly popular in both beauty clinics and in-home treatments.
LED light therapy works by sending varying wavelengths of light, whether red, blue, amber, or white, deep into the skin to trigger natural intracellular reactions. It’s mostly used on the face since skin damage occurs more, but it can also be effective on the neck, chest, and other body parts.
The skin responds differently to either light color.
Blue light can be used to improve skin texture and helps remove sun spots, acne, and even acne scars. Similarly, it can reduce sebaceous hyperplasia or enlarged oil glands.
Red light therapy is thought to work by acting on the mitochondria, the cell’s powerhouse. As a result, it stimulates collagen production, making the skin stronger and supple, increasing blood circulation to the tissue. It also reduces stretch marks, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and sun-damaged skin.
A lesser-known form of light therapy, amber light therapy, is done by combining orange and yellow light. It has been effectively used to reduce redness and reduce inflammation that causes wrinkles, stimulates collagen and elastin, and is also used to treat conditions like skin flushing, irritation, and even rosacea.
White light therapy is anything but its name. It’s actually composed of all the visible spectrum wavelengths, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet (in that order). This kind of light therapy helps tighten the skin at its base and reduces inflammation.
Microcurrent technology was first used in the 70s in physical therapy for pain relief and to help injured tissue heal faster, and relieve pain caused by injury or chronic conditions. In treating the skin, it uses low-voltage electricity to stimulate and “work out” the facial muscles, stimulate collagen, and improve the skin’s appearance by:
- Tightening aging skin
- Smoothens skin
- Toning the muscles on the face and neck
- Lifting sagging eyebrows and jowls
- Helping heal scars and blemishes faster
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles, mostly around the forehead area
- Promote the production of collagen and elastin
- Lymphatic drainage
While getting microcurrent facials is generally safe for many skin types, not everyone should try microcurrents in a snap. People who have pacemakers, metal implants, open sores, and severe acne should avoid the microcurrent facial. Those who’ve had face fillers (Botox, neurotoxins, etc.) won’t benefit at all from this method since their muscles are frozen.
Otherwise known as therapeutic warming or thermotherapy, heat therapy improves circulation and blood flow, relieves muscle pain, and increases one’s flexibility. It’s due to its role in facilitating blood flow, that it allows oxygen and nutrients to go through blood vessels to promote the regrowth of damaged tissues, eliminate wrinkles, and prevent the skin from sagging. Additionally, studies reveal its potential in increasing collagen production.
Now, let’s dig deeper into each of our products and what they have to offer, starting with…
The SolaWave Wand is a compact multi-purpose beauty tool that combats common skin problems like pimple breakouts, dark spots, and wrinkles to boost the skin’s natural glow.
SolaWave produces two types of wands, the red light therapy wand, and the blue light therapy. How are they different? Let’s break down the features…
The SolaWave Wand combines the following technologies, each with its own specific function:
- Red/Blue Light Therapy – This feature uses LED lights to reduce skin discoloration, pimple marks, fine lines, blemishes, and wrinkles. The blue light is used to treat acne, while the red light eliminates traces of aging.
- Therapeutic Warmth – The wand produces a gentle heat that increases blood flow, opening the facial pores and lightens up the dark circles under the eyes. The process makes the skin smoother, brighter, and clearer.
- Microcurrents – Microcurrents are low-voltage currents that work through the facial muscles to help boost collagen production. In that way, the skin will appear more toned, firmer, and radiant. (The blue light therapy wand doesn’t have this function)
- Vibrating Facial Massage – This feature gently massages the facial muscles to relax them, release tension, facilitate blood circulation, and reduce problems like puffiness, dark spots, acne marks, fine lines, and wrinkles.
What’s In The Box?
- 1 Solawave Wand
- 1 Signature Renew Complex Serum
- 1 USB-charging cable.
How The Solawave Wand Works
Using the SolaWave Wand is quite easy! The wand’s 90° rotating head works best to reach those hard-to-reach areas in the face.
Before starting, don’t forget to wash your face and pat it dry. This is done to remove any dirt or leftover makeup before starting the regimen. Once you’ve activated the wand, begin anywhere and work upward and outward:
- Forehead – In an upward direction, roll up from the forehead towards the hairline.
- Eyes – Make gentle semi-circular motions under the eye areas.
- Cheeks – Focus on smile lines, then gradually upwards to the cheekbones.
- Jaw – Start at the chin and go across the jawline.
- Neck – From the neck, slowly roll upward until the jawline.
Additionally, some people also roll the wand over their eyebrows for a more relaxing sensation.
- Results can already be seen in just a few days of use.
- Easy to use and portable.
- Stellar customer service.
- Free shipping.
- 30-day return policy.
- 1-year warranty on wands.
- International shipping.
- Offers student discounts.
- Vegan, cruelty-free (Renew Complex Serum)
- Product might be pricey for some.
- Wand head is slightly fragile and can break easily when dropped.
- Serum may cause some negative reactions on certain skin types.
Take your lift to the next level with NuFACE Trinity, an FDA-approved microcurrent facial toning device designed to help improve facial contour, facial tone and reduce wrinkles and fine lines in as fast as five minutes daily.
We previously covered the Trinity in a previous article that compared Ziip vs NuFace.
- Microcurrents – These low-level electrical currents stimulate the muscles in the larger surface areas of the face and neck to help improve facial contour, tone, and the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Red light therapy – Reduces the effects of aging, smoothens the skin, and gives it a more radiant glow.
- Hydrating Leave-On Gel Activator – Ensures that the microcurrent is conducted down to the facial muscle.
- Multi-solution – Interchangeable attachment capability for precision treatment and light therapy.
What’s In The Box?
- NuFACE Trinity Device (+ Facial Trainer Attachment)
- NuFACE Hydrating Leave-On Gel Primer 2 fl Oz / 59 mL
- Charging Cradle and Power Adapter
- User Manual & Quick Start Guide
How To Use NuFACE Trinity
Before using NuFACE, wash your face first thoroughly and pat it dry, then…
1. First, apply a layer of the NuFACE Gel Primer to the desired area.
2. Glide your NuFACE Trinity device in an upward motion over the areas you want to emphasize. You might want to add medium pressure on the face and neck.
3. Do this skincare routine in just 5 minutes daily. Consistent use will result in visible and lasting optimal facial results.
- Easy to use
- Aesthetician approved
- Clinically tested
- Offers instant results and cumulative benefits
- Free shipping on all US orders
- 1-year warranty on microcurrent devices
- Installment payments available through Afterpay
- No international shipping.
- Results may vary depending on the person’s health status and use.
Give your skin a quick and relaxing treatment anywhere you go with Trophy Skin’s BrightenMD. This smart device is a compact multi-functionañ (eye, face, and neck) tool that gives 4 different treatments that leave your skin refreshed, brighter, and smoother than ever in only a matter of minutes.
- Microcurrent stimulation – Brighten MD uses low-voltage electricity to stimulate the facial muscles, like giving them a workout. It increases cellular activity in order to tighten and smooth the muscles and connective tissues in the face.
- Therapeutic warming – This feature helps improve blood circulation to give it a natural glow and to produce more collagen and elastin, two important proteins that make the skin look younger.
- Red light therapy – Stimulates collagen production, which gives skin its structure, strength, and elasticity, and facilitates better cell turnover and renewal.
- Vibration – Vibration also promotes better blood flow to make the skin glow, relaxes the facial muscles, and reduces fine lines and puffiness.
What’s In The Box?
- BrightenMD device
- USB Charging Cable
- 60-day guarantee
How To Use Trophy Skin BrightenMD
- Make sure your face is clean, dry, and makeup-free. You may apply your favorite cream or serum to the skin and do not rub in.
- Touch the head of the device to the skin and feel the vibration start when it is in contact with the skin.
- Gently massage your cream or serum into the skin in small circular motions. You can feel the microcurrents slowly exercising the facial muscles. The heat will gradually build up throughout the treatment and peak in temperature after 45 seconds. Use for up to 5 minutes a day.
- The touch sensor will automatically turn off the device when contact is removed.
- Avoid gliding the device over your eyelids.
- Easy to use
- Small, portable built
- Smart touch sensor that automatically activates/deactivates upon contact.
- No hassle 60-day returns
- Extended 1-year warranty
- Free shipping
- Results may vary between users
- Occasional malfunctioning
Choosing The Best Product
Now that we’ve dissected what each product has to offer, the only thing left to do is discern which product suits your specific needs, preferences, and budget best. You should also consult a dermatologist before using any kind of at-home device to ensure if a specific product is clinically/dermatologically compatible with your skin type or any skin condition you may have.
Brand reputation and the price are also important factors, but doing your own research on the product’s benefits (and even possible side effects of these treatments) and thoroughly checking verified customer reviews can also help you single out one that fits your preferences. That way, you get to make an informed, wise decision as you buy the product of your choice.
Our favorite of these three tools is the SolaWave Wand as it seems to be the most effective fine line reduction tool of the three,
Having a beauty wand with you is a great way to give your skin the full fresh and rejuvenating spa experience without ever leaving the comfort of your abode or wherever you may be.
But the path to achieving beautiful, flawless skin shouldn’t just depend on gliding a beauty wand on your face. Skincare/beauty routines go hand-in-hand with good hygiene habits, and much like standard health & fitness regimens, they demand consistent effort and commitment in order to gain optimal, visible, and long-term results.
Subscribing to skincare routines also entails lifestyle changes, which means letting go of bad, unhealthy habits that get in the way of achieving your beautiful skin and replacing them with new, better ones that help you get there, like healthy eating, regular exercise, getting sufficient rest, and an overall healthier lifestyle to fully maximize and expedite your desired goals, making your endeavors truly fruitful and worthwhile, creating a stronger foundation of good health, inside and out.