Would you dare to wear greige lipstick? If you’re wondering what this is, greige is a gray, beige color. Usually, it has a little bit of purple, and with the right makeup, it can work just like a nude lipstick. Lime Crime’s Cashmere Velvetine lipstick is a beautiful, neutral, greige shade. It’s not too purple or not too grey, and that is key!
If you like greige lipsticks, not all shades are made equally. Greige shades with too many grey or blue tones can make you look sickly, so Cashmere is a big win! Lime Crime’s Velvetine liquid lipsticks are raved about because they’re long-lasting, velvety, hydrating, and kiss-proof. It is hard to find a liquid lipstick that won’t dry out your lips, let alone a long-lasting and comfortable wear.
Cashmere is the epitome of 90s grunge, glam in a comfortable, liquid lipstick formula. There is no denying the cool edge it brings to any look. But at the same time, it’s also neutral enough to be a nude lipstick that works with virtually all makeup looks. Greige lipsticks sound more intimidating than they are, so if you’re curious, a dupe is a great option.
Aromi’s Matte Liquid Lipstick in Desert Taupe is our perfect dupe for Lime Crime’s Cashmere Velvetine. It’s a velvety, long-wearing, matte liquid lipstick that’s comfortable and non-drying. It’s an ideal color dupe for Cashmere, and it’s a clean formula that’s vegan and cruelty-free. Many reviewers call this their ‘Holy Grail’ liquid lipstick, and it’s such a good option to try!
Lime Crime Cashmere Velvetine Lipstick Review
A richly pigmented, french-vanilla infused formula that glides on as a liquid and lasts for hours and hours.
Lime Crime Cashmere adds the perfect dose of grungy, 90’s glam to any makeup look. Its greige shade is not your average nude lipstick, but you’d be surprised to find how flattering it is for a range of skin tones. Rose petals inspired lime Crime’s Velvetine lipsticks, so they mimic that velvety, soft texture on the lips. These aren’t your typical, drying, and unflattering liquid lipsticks that many try to steer clear of!
This comfortable, velvet texture makes Lime Crime lipsticks a staple in many makeup lovers’ collections. Along with their velvety, long-wearing formula, they have a french vanilla scent and a small, precise, doe-foot applicator. Reviewers rave about how little product you need to get a high impact color and how easy they apply!
Where to buy: Amazon
Lime Crime Cashmere Velvetine Lipstick Dupes
A wearable, greige lipstick is hard to come across because it has to be just the right mix of grey and beige. Too much of one or the other can make you look sickly. A dupe is a similar product for a fraction of the price, and after doing some research, there are tons of good options comparable to Lime Crime Cashmere. Whether you’re looking to add a greige lipstick to your daily routine or try it out, you’re covered!
Aromi Matte Liquid Lipstick in Desert Taupe
Aromi Liquid lipstick goes on like a lip gloss, but dries a matte, velvety finish in about one minute.
Aromi’s Matte Liquid Lipstick in Desert Taupe is the most perfect dupe on our list for Cashmere. It has just enough grey and beige as Cashmere to make the difference undetectable when the two are paired side by side. Aromi’s Matte Lipstick formula goes on like a lip gloss and dries to a velvety matte in less than a minute.
- Vegan and cruelty-free!
- Desert Taupe is a perfect color dupe for Cashmere.
- These liquid lipsticks have a ‘cleaner’ formula. This means they are free of parabens, mineral oils, phthalates, gluten, and animal-derived ingredients.
- This lipstick has a matte, opaque finish that’s super light-weight.
- Purchasing this lipstick supports a small, indie, and female-owned brand!
- It isn’t the most affordable dupe.
- Reviewers comment that this lipstick doesn’t last through big meals.
Where to buy it: Amazon
Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in Underground
This blend of warm earth tones and cool grey has a touch pink for an ultra-wearable lip.
Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in Underground is a great shade alternative for Cashmere. The only difference is Gerard Cosmetics Underground Lipstick is a traditional bullet lipstick. Lime Crime Cashmere is a liquid lipstick.
So, if you don’t like liquid lipsticks and prefer traditional, creamy, matte lipsticks, you will love this!
- This lipstick is easy to apply, and you don’t have to wait for it to dry.
- Underground is a great shade dupe for Cashmere.
- The creamy, bullet lipstick formula is matte and comfortable.
- Long-wearing formula.
- Some reviewers said this lipstick is very drying.
- This formula is not a liquid lipstick; it’s a traditional, bullet lipstick.
- Gerard Cosmetics is not the cheapest option.
Where to buy it: Amazon
NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Embellishment
This luxurious and long-lasting natural liquid lipstick is infused with vitamin E and gives you a plush matte finish.
NYX Lingerie Lipsticks come in a variety of shades, and many are dupes for many popular lipsticks. Embellishment is an excellent dupe for Cashmere. They both offer a wearable, greige shade in a matte, liquid lipstick formula. NYX is super affordable, and this lipstick is a long-lasting formula that you don’t have to worry about reapplying.
- Cruelty-free and vegan.
- Such an affordable dupe!
- The shade and formula offer a great alternative to Lime Crime Cashmere.
- This lipstick is transfer-proof.
- Some reviewers mention that this lipstick is drying.
- Some reviewers complained that this formula can feel sticky if you apply too much.
- NYX is a matte formula, but it lacks Lime Crime’s comfortable, velvet finish.
Mellow Cosmetics Liquid Matte Lip Paint in Budapest
Mellow’s ultra-smooth liquid lip paint gives your lips a velvet matte finish.
Mellow Cosmetics is a New Zealand based makeup brand, and while they’re not huge here, don’t sleep on them! Their liquid lipsticks have a thin, mousse-like texture that is comfortable, buildable, and non-drying. They have a semi-matte finish, and they’re long-lasting. Budapest is a rosy, greige shade that’s reminiscent of Lime Crime Cashmere.
- Cruelty-free and vegan.
- Their thin, light-weight formula allows for comfortable wear without flaking.
- Reviewers agree that this formula feels undetectable on their lips.
- Mellow Cosmetics is free of parabens.
- These are not kiss-proof and may slightly transfer.
- This shade has a little more pink than Cashmere.
Where to buy it: Amazon
Coloured Raine Matte Lipstick in Marshmallow
Indulge your sweet tooth with this grey taupe liquid lipstick with muted rose pink hues.
Coloured Raine lipsticks are raved about for their high pigment and long-wearing abilities. The only way you’re getting these lipsticks off is with a good oil-based cleanser. This makes them perfect for long days or a night out! The shade Marshmallow is a greige, nude tone like Lime Crime Cashmere, but it appears a little darker and more grey than Cashmere.
- Reviewers rave about how long-lasting this is!
- It’s creamy, pigmented finish makes for easy and smooth application.
- Reviewers said they prefer this over Lime Crime’s Velvetine Lip formula.
- If you find Cashmere too light for your skin tone, Marshmallow is a little darker.
- Some reviewers said this lipstick flakes if you try to reapply another layer.
- Some reviewers said this lipstick stains your lips after you remove it.
- This formula can feel dry on some peoples’ lips.
Where to buy it: Amazon
Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Visionary
Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick In Visionary gives you a flawless matte finish.
This Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Visionary is an affordable, drugstore alternative to Cashmere. This shade has a little bit more purple, but it looks wearable and grey-beige on the lips. Reviewers love this lipstick because it wears up to 16 hours without needing to reapply!
- The precise applicator makes it easy to apply without a liner!
- This lipstick has a long-wearing, matte formula with up to 16 hours of wear time!
- It is easily removed with an oil-based cleanser.
- The transfer-proof formula dries quickly.
- Not cruelty-free.
- Some reviewers said these lipsticks dry darker.
- Some reviewers said this formula feels dry on their lips.
Ready to rock greige lipstick? Any dupe on this list is a great alternative to Cashmere; that’s just as flattering and wearable! But, our best dupe for Lime Crime Cashmere has to be Aromi’s Desert Taupe Liquid Lipstick. The color match and light-weight formula make it identical to Cashmere.
Our runner up is NYX Lingerie Matte Lipstick in the shade Embellishment because the color is an excellent alternative to Cashmere, and it’s the most affordable dupe. Depending on what kind of lipstick you prefer and your price range, there is an option for everyone. You can never own too many nude lipsticks, and greige is the perfect way to add some edge and 90s glam to any look!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes a Good Curling Iron for Thick Hair?
Curling irons for thick hair must have a high-temperature setting (heat up to at least 400F) to hold thick hair into curls all-day if not for a few days!
The best curling irons for thick hair use an advanced ionic or infrared technology to reduce frizz and keep your hair moisturized.
What size barrel is best for thick hair?
For thick hair, a curling iron with a barrel sized 1.5 inches is the most suitable option for everyday use.
Depending on your desired hairstyle, you can section your hair into smaller or thicker sections to create both tight and loose curls.
How do you make curls last all day with thick hair?
Use a mousse and heat protectant before you blow-dry in order to give the hair more hold. Prepping with a setting spray is also great for locking in your curls. Many of them offer heat protection, too!
How do I remove a long-lasting, liquid lipstick?
An oil-based makeup remover is usually the best bet at removing liquid lipstick. Oil works to break down the lipstick, so coconut oil or any other oil type would work! If the lipstick stains your lips, lightly exfoliate with a wet towel to help remove any excess pigment.
What liner is a good option to pair with these lipsticks?
Maybelline Gone Greige Color Sensation Lip Liner is a great option that’ll match any of these lipsticks! Greige lipsticks aren’t as forgiving as a typical nude lipstick, so you’ll want to use a liner to define your lips. If you don’t like liner, use a concealer brush to help carve out your perfect lip shape. Greige lipstick can highlight imperfections, so you’ll want to take your time applying.
What makeup goes greige lipstick go with?
A good greige lipstick is very 90’s chic, so try to draw your inspiration from there. A classic winged eyeliner always looks good with greige lipstick, and so does a smokey eye!
Greige lipsticks look best with similar, cool-toned shades, so try to mimic that. If you have a hard time identifying cool tones, stay away from browns, oranges, and pinks with yellow hues.
Use your best judgment, but remember makeup has no rules!