Glossier and their ‘yours but better mantra’ is how they make all the products. So as you can imagine, their Skin Tint is the lightest coverage and works to even out your complexion. It’s lightweight, looks like skin and will never make your face look cakey. It’s not for everyone but if you like light makeup you will love this! Glossier Skin Tint runs a little high in price for something with so little coverage so, let’s dupe it!
Lottie London Velvet Skin Tint is our favorite dupe for Glossier Skin Tint. It’s ½ the price, the packaging is the same and it leaves a lightweight, barely-there finish. We’ve said before, splurging on something with so little coverage is tough so the Lottie London Skin Tint is such a good dupe. With this, you’ll easily achieve the same look of Glossier Skin Tint for half the price.
Glossier Skin Tint Dupes
This breathable, ultra-thin formula evens out your skin’s appearance for a dewy finish.
Glossier Skin Tint is lightweight, breathable, and even watery. It’s not a product that will ever look cakey or fully cover your blemishes and that’s why people love it. It looks like skin! Glossier Skin Tint has a dewy finish and comes in 12 shades. The lack of shades is due to the watery, low coverage finish without much pigment – per Glossier, but we would still like to see more shades. Any lightweight tint will be a good dupe for Glossier Skin Tint. Since you’re not getting flawless or airbrushed-looking coverage, this is a great product to dupe.
Lottie London Velvet Skin Tint
This soft-focus skin tint provides light, sheer coverage that works to unify skin tone without appearing cakey on your face.
This Skin Tint is half the price of Glossier and comes in the same exact packaging. It has light, long lasting and barely there wear. It’s infused with skincare benefits and includes hyaluronic acid and coconut extract to hydrate the skin. The only difference is this has a satin finish whereas Glossier is matte. This is such a good dupe and we can’t recommend it enough.
- ½ of the price of Glossier Skin Tint.
- Lightweight, barely there feel and finish.
- This has very light coverage, similar to Glossier Skin Tint.
- Contains skincare benefits.
- Very affordable and the packaging is identical to Glossier Skin Tint.
- This product comes in 8 shades while Glossier has 12.
- This has a satin finish while Glossier’s is matte.
Where to buy it: Lookfantastic.com
The Ordinary Serum Foundation
This foundation offers moderate semi-matte coverage that looks natural on your skin.
This foundation has a liquidy, serum texture and it is so lightweight. It has light coverage but likely a hint more than Glossier. It feels weightless on the skin and is made to never settle into fine lines or emphasize pores. Like The Ordinary’s product line, this is super affordable and does not contain oils, parabens or sulfates. Another win, this has a pump applicator and is super efficient.
- Watery, lightweight texture.
- Comes in 21 shades which is a nice pump up from Glossier’s 12. Still needs work, though.
- Has a pump applicator which is nice and easy for application.
- Light coverage that won’t sink into pores or fine lines.
- Super affordable.
- Semi-matte finish while Glossier is dewy.
- The shade range still needs help!
Where to buy it:
Morphe 2 Hint Hint Skin Tint
This is a lightweight yet longwearing fluid tint that hydrates and provides buildable, sheer-to-medium coverage.
A light and easy Skin Tint with a neutral undertone to match all skin tones. This product blurs and smoothes the skin while offering light weight, low coverage. The nice thing about this product is, it lasts 16 hours, and is transfer and sweat proof. Most light coverage skin tints don’t last the day so if you want something light and long lasting, this is the dupe to try.
- Non-comedogenic and vegan formula.
- Has the same amount of product as Glossier Skin Tint for less.
- Has 20 shades with neutral undertones to match a number of different skin tones.
- Transfer and sweat resistant.
- Lasts 16 hours.
- This likely has more coverage than Glossier Skin Tint.
- May not be a good match if you’re super cool or warm toned.
Where to buy it:
Milani Glow Hydrating Skin Tint
A glowy and hydrating skin tint packed with coconut water and squalene for an ultra hydrating and lightweight texture. Like Glossier Skin Tint, this has an ultra dewy finish and makes your skin glow. This product is one of Milani’s latest launches and it’s free of parabens and sulfates. It’s totally wearable and we like the direction they’re heading in.
The only con, it comes in 4 shades and while it has some flexibility, 4 is nowhere near enough.
- Packed with squalane and coconut water for an ultra hydrating and dewy finish.
- Sulfate and paraben free. Also vegan and cruelty-free formula.
- This has a light coconut scent.
- Coverage can be built up if used with a brush.
- Ultra lightweight coverage.
- This only comes in 4 shades.
- Newer on the market so it may take some time to become more widely accessible.
- Super dewy finish may not be oily skin friendly.
Where to buy it:
Ilia Skin Tint
This tint creates a natural barrier for your skincare – sealing in hydration, plumping skin, & boosting any antioxidant effectiveness by 200%
While the price far exceeds Glossier, this product has a similar lightweight, texture and wear plus skincare benefits. It has SPF 40 plus niacinamide and hyaluronic acid to calm and hydrate the skin. Ilia is an organic and clean beauty brand, free of parabens and phthalates. Yes, this product is significantly more expensive but if you want a clean and skin benefitting formula, this is that!
- Has 18 shades. (Could still use work but it’s more than Glossier.)
- This product contains SPF and skincare benefits.
- Has a dropper applicator with very pretty packaging.
- Ilia is a clean and natural beauty brand.
- Very glowy finish.
- The price is very high!
- SPF in this product is not enough alone. You’ll still need to wear SPF under to get enough.
Where to buy it:
Undone Beauty Glowy Skin Tint
This foundation goes on smooth and evens out skin tone with natural, dewy coverage and doesn’t hide natural beauty like freckles or beauty marks.
This product is a hidden gem because of the price, amount of product you get and stunning, glowy finish. While this only has 8 shades, it has super lightweight coverage that helps to blur imperfections. Some reviews even call it everything they wanted Glossier Skin Tint to be! That’s a huge promise and looking at the claims and price, this is such a good dupe!
- More build-able coverage than Glossier Skin Tint.
- Vegan and cruelty-free. Also gluten-free.
- Super lightweight coverage.
- Has coconut extract for a dewy glow, but reviewers say it’s more matte and doesn’t get greasy.
- Great price.
- Leaves a healthy glow.
- Great ingredients free of harsh unwanted chemicals like parabens, phthalates and sulfates.
- The shade matching is a little tough based on the pictures.
- The shade range needs much help on the lighter and darker ends of the spectrum.
Where to buy it:
There are lots of good dupes for Glossier Skin Tint so no need to splurge unless you want to treat yourself! Lottie London Velvet Skin Tint leaves the skin velvety smooth and blurred with the lightest coverage. Plus the formula and packaging is a dupe for Glossier Skin Tint so we like how similar the two are.
The issue is that many brands don’t create an efficient shade range for skin tint like products because they claim the light weight is more flexible. This just isn’t the case because a lightweight doesn’t equal a perfect or wide match. An ultra, light coverage skin tint with an adequate shade range, I’m talking 35+ shades is what I’ll be waiting for!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply a light coverage product like this?
You can apply it with your hands. It helps to use the warmth from your fingers to blend it in! Since it’s already low coverage, this means you won’t waste any product. A sponge can soak up product so keep that in mind. If you want more coverage, go for a dense brush to pack it on the skin.
Do I need to set a light coverage product like these dupes?
This is based on your skin type and preference. If you have dry skin, you can use a dewy finish without having to set your face and be fine during the day. But, if you have oily skin you may want a matte, light coverage finish and will have to set your face so you’re not oily an hour later! If you want the skin tint to last, set it. If you don’t like a dewy, sticky finish, set it.
Do these lightweight skin tints work with the rest of my makeup?
Yes you should still be able to use all your normal products. A skin tint should perform like a foundation but lighter. If you like a dewy, natural look then try cream products with the skin tint to keep up the light coverage and glow. If you want something more long lasting, use powder products which will help to set the makeup in place. It may take some trial and error but it shouldn’t be too far off from a normal foundation.