Korean rice toners have become some of the most coveted K-beauty products in recent times and if you’re yet to try one for yourself, you could be wondering what all the fuss is about.
These toners give a protective barrier that many others can’t provide, along with a range of other benefits for your skin.
How do I choose a rice toner?
The most important feature of any skincare product is finding one that meets your skin type and requirements. Secondly, you’ll want a renowned brand, a formula that uses a good amount of rice extract, and other ingredients that assist with the toning process.
The range of Korean rice water toner products out there is overwhelming and it can be hard to narrow in on the right one.
This guide will show you a selection of our favorite picks and the best rice toner options on the market today, giving you a new way to tone that you never thought possible.
Our Picks for the Best Rice Toners
With the right rice toner in your arsenal, you’ll protect the skin, bring balance to your complexion, and deal with any other concerns you might have.
To ensure your new product can do all this and more, we’ve picked the best rice water toner that Korean skincare brands have to offer, so see what’s out there.
Tony Moly’s Wonder Rice Smoothing Toner features rice filtrate, grape, apple, and sugarcane extracts, all working together to smooth, hydrated, and naturally exfoliate your skin.
Coming in 17fl. oz bottle, there’s enough there for months of regular use and it’s formulated to be friendly for all skin types and concerns.
As our pick for the best Korean rice toner, the Tony Moly Wonder Rice Smooth Toner is made for all skin types, budgets, and levels of skincare expertise. The large value bottle means there’s plenty to go around and it works as out as one of the cheapest but highest quality rice toners on the market.
The lightweight feel and citrus scent of this rice toner makes it a dream to put on, and some of the benefits users reported were smoother skin, reduced pigmentation, and a huge boost of moisture.
If you want a simple way to try rice toners with only the best natural ingredients, this one from Tony Moly has our tick of approval.
- Scent: Citrus
- Skin type: All type
- Size: 17 oz
- A formula designed to work with all skin types and especially those who have found other toners too oily or drying in the past.
- Comes in a large bottle that’ll last for at least a year of regular use.
- Affordable but with the same results you’d expect to find in a premium skincare brand.
- Tony Moly recommends layering this toner so it takes a little more effort than others.
- Not the strongest toner if you’re after something more potent for dealing with major skincare concerns.
Runner Up: I’m From Rice Toner
I’m From has created their Rice Toner with 77.8% rice extract, vitamin E, adenosine, and a range of other natural extractors.
This gentle toner is suited for most skin types and is gentle enough to use twice a day, coming in a smaller sized 5.7fl oz bottle.
I’m From’s Rice Toner is a soft and hydrating rice toner Korean people adore, and it can help you form a protective barrier over your skin that’ll keep it full of moisture as well. The key ingredient of rice extract is what has this effect but it also features vitamin E for an added boost of suppleness.
This rice toner is an affordable and gentle option for those with sensitive skin, but if you’re prone to oil there are others better suited. You’ll get brighter skin, a softer complexion, and find the rest of your skincare products absorb more easily, so I’m From has managed to tick all of the boxes.
- Scent: Natural
- Skin type: Normal, Dry, Sensitive
- Size: 5.07fl oz
- If you have sensitive skin, you’ll love how gentle this rice toner is and how you avoid any irritation.
- Full of all natural ingredients and nothing nasty hidden, so there are no surprises.
- Users reported a noticeable difference in brightening their skin tone after using this for a few weeks.
- Lots of hydration and moisture are created with this rice toner when you compare it to others.
- Users with oily complexions found this one didn’t help to regulate the oil as much.
- A fairly gentle approach to toning that might not be potent enough for some people.
Alternative: Haruharu Black Rice Hyaluronic Toner
Haraharu’s Black Rice Hyaluronic Toner is packed full of antioxidants and has high concentrations of polyphenol and flavonoid pigments.
Designed to protect and hydrate the skin, the 10.14fl oz bottle has more than enough to tone day and night for months without running low.
Haruharu Black Rice Hyaluronic Toner offers something unique from others and is a black rice toner that focuses on protecting the skin from damage, while also keeping it hydrated. According to users, the budget friendly products adds a whole lot of moisture, whereas other toners usually dry their skin out.
This toner comes in a massive value-sized bottle that’ll last forever, adding even further to its budget friendly appeal. Although the texture is slightly goopy and gel-like, it dries feeling lightweight.
If you’re looking for lots of antioxidants, natural extracts, and other nourishing ingredients in your search for the best rice toner, Haruharu can deliver.
- Scent: Herbal
- Skin type: All
- Size: 10.14fl oz
- Comes in a large bottle so you’ll be able to use it for almost a year without running out.
- A budget friendly alternative for rice toner that performs like a premium product.
- One of the only rice toners that actively protects the skin from damage.
- Packed full of antioxidants and other nourishing ingredients that go straight to your skin for results.
- The texture feels more like a gel than a water-based toner which some people weren’t happy about.
- Comes with a herbal smell that can be overpowering when it’s first applied.
Alternative: Thank You Farmer Rice Pure Essential Toner
Rice Pure Essential Toner by Thank You Farmer is a 6.76fl oz bottle of rice toner made with 100,000 ppm rice extract. Other ingredients include fruit extracts, flower extracts, ceramide, and niacinamide, all working together to form a protective moisture barrier and even out dull complexions.
Thank You Farmer’s Rice Pure Essential Toner is a hypoallergenic alternative for those who need it, working effectively to brighten your skin and provide the moisture barrier that rice toner is known for.
Although expensive, the difference it makes to your skin’s moisture levels is noticeable almost immediately, so worth the extra cost, and the fact that you can use it as a toner and essence is another benefit.
On the downside, it has a botanical scent that we could have done without, but otherwise, it’s gentle and can be enjoyed by all skin types. The added botanical extracts help to soothe your skin as well, so if it’s feeling irritated or you’re usually sensitive to toners, you’ll get a lot of joy from this one.
- Scent: Floral
- Skin type: Normal, dry, oily, combination
- Size: 6.76fl oz
- Made with a hypoallergenic formula that’s especially helpful for people with sensitive skin.
- Can be used as both a toner and an essence so you’re getting two products for the price of one.
- You can feel the moisturizing benefits as soon as you apply this rice water toner to your face.
- This is a good introductory rice toner for newcomers to skincare and suitable for all skin types, with everyone seeing results.
- If you don’t purchase this while it’s on sale, it works out to be one of the most expensive options for a rice toner.
- Has a botanical floral scent to it that might be a turn off for some users.
Alternative: The Face Shop Rice and Ceramide Toner
The Face Shop has combined rice water with ceramide and a touch of alcohol to create a toner that gets to business, making it suitable for normal and oily complexions.
Coming in a 5.0fl oz bottle, this toner strengthens the skin, promotes new cell growth, and brightens your complexion, going above and beyond what normal rice toners do.
If you’re after a stronger toner than your average rice water options, The Face Shop’s Rice and Ceramide Toner is the way to go.
With ingredients like ceramide, alcohol, rice extract, and sodium hyaluronate, it’s a powerful way to tone and can get in deep and cleanse your pores while promoting new cell growth as well.
The Face Shop’s Rice and Ceramide Toner is one of the most effective at brightening dull complexions but if you have dry skin already, you’ll want to avoid this formula. The alcohol can be a little drying, so you’ll want a good serum to follow up with, but the results it delivers make it all worthwhile.
- Scent: Floral
- Skin type: Normal, oily, combination
- Size: 5.0fl oz
- One of the best toners if your goal is to brighten your complexion or get rid of dull skin.
- A more potent formula that does the job without needing to double up on the treatment.
- Does a great job of cleansing the skin as well, with people reporting smaller pores and fewer breakouts.
- Affordable for everyone and comes in a value sized bottle to last for months.
- This toner contains alcohol which might be too drying for some skin types so make sure it’s suitable for you.
- Has a subtle fragrance that smells synthetic and may turn a few people off from using it.
Korean Toner FAQs
Using rice water toner for face and skincare is nothing new in Korean beauty, but the world is just starting to catch onto this trend.
If you want to find out more about what rice water toner is actually capable of and how to put it to good use, read these FAQs for a lesson.
Is Rice Water Good For Acne?
Rice water has loads of benefits that are good for treating and preventing acne. Using a regular rice water product on the skin can keep pores clean, reduce inflammation, and help control sebum production and excess oil, all of which are helpful for people that suffer from acne-prone skin.
Is Rice Toner Good For Skin?
Rice toner is a great skincare product that’s gentle enough to be used every day as part of your skincare routine and by some people twice a day if needed.
The many benefits of rice toner include reducing inflammation, brightening a dull complexion, and regulating oil production.
How Do I Use Rice Toner?
Rice toners are applied similarly to other toners, using a cotton pad soaked with the toner and then wiping your face with it.
Give the toner time to absorb into your face and dry naturally before moving on with the rest of your skincare routine.
How Do You Make A Rice Face Mask?
The easiest way to make a rice face mask at home is with rice flour and water mixed together.
After creating a thick paste consistency, you can apply the mask to your face and then let it air dry for 15 minutes before gently washing it away.
The New Way to Tone
With the ability to protect the face and add a moisture barrier, switching your regular toner for a rice toner will change the game for good.
Our recommendations for the best Korean rice toners show you what’s possible with this revolutionary product, so consider adding one to your skincare arsenal.