If you feel like your daily skincare routine is missing something, the solution could be a simple toner.
These days, toners can help you target just about any skin concern you might have, including excess oil or acne production, and adding one to your line-up can make a huge difference.
What does a toner do?
A toner’s job is to balance the skin and refresh it, usually being applied after a daily cleanser and before serums and moisturizers go on. Although not a necessity, most toners are made for a specific purpose so you should choose the one that meets your skin care requirements.
Finding the best Korean toner can be like searching for a needle in a haystack with so many great products out there.
We’ve created this guide to the best Korean skin care toner to suit just about any skin type or concern, so read on to see which ones we’ve chosen as our faves.
Our Fave Finds for the Best Korean Toner
A toner can be the missing piece to your skincare routine and help the rest of your products work more effectively.
To ensure you’re doing it right, we’ve selected our picks for the best Korean skincare toner, so you only have the finest options to choose from.
Winner: Missha Vita C Plus Brightening Toner
Vita C Plus Brightening Toner from Missha is a toner dedicated to evening out the skin tone and it does so with the presence of vitamin C and PHA.
Using their patented Vita C Liposome Formula, Missha has developed a product that is lightweight and absorbent but yields results and it comes in a larger 6.76fl oz for months of regular use.
If you’re looking for a toner that does more than just balances your skin, the Missha Vita C Plus Brightening Toner is your dream solution.
This toner is all about brightening and evening out your skin tone, just like the rest of the Vita C Plus range, and it’s formulated specifically for people with dull, hyperpigmented, and oily skin.
As the best Korean toner for oily skin, this gets to work immediately at preventing excess sebum production which means you’re less likely to break out as well.
However, those with dry skin might not find it works against their natural skin type, unless they also have a dull complexion that needs brightening. The formula is lightweight and best applied before your favorite moisturizer, with the affordability and premium ingredients that Missha is known for.
- Scent: None
- Skin Type: Oily, dull, uneven
- Size: 6.76fl oz
- As a larger bottle, you’ll get more use out of it, and you don’t need to apply a lot for results.
- This toner is reasonably priced for something of this quality so it’s affordable and effective.
- When used in conjunction with the rest of their vitamin C range, this toner works even more effectively at brightening.
- One of the best solutions for oily skin and a way to finally manage excess oil on your face.
- Uses pure vitamin C so your skin gets the best results and brightens after just a few weeks.
- As a better fit for oily complexions, people with dry skin might find this formula to dry them out even more.
- Sensitive skin users will need to be careful as some have reported irritation after a few days, so incorporate it into your routine slowly if you’re concerned.
Runner Up: Then I Met You The Skin Balancing Duo
Then I Met You has created a two-in-one treatment with The Skin Balancing Duo, featuring a 3.38fl oz bottle of their Birch Milk Refining Toner and 3.38fl oz of Giving Essence.
Featuring star ingredients like birch juice, marshmallow root extract, AHAs, PHAs, squalene, and more, it’s designed to restore balance to your face, smooth the texture, and create a honey-like glow.
Then I Met You has delivered not just one of the best toners but the best essences as well and packaged them together to help you restore balance to your skin.
With a whole host of ingredients like birch juice, AHAs, and PHAs in their famous Birch Milk Refining Toner, it’s got everything you need to rejuvenate the skin, plus the Giving Essence to use immediately after for even better results.
For those wanting the best Korean toner for acne-prone skin, you’ve found it with this one, as it helps clean deep into the pores and restore the balance so you’re less likely to break out.
Regular users also reported a feeling of firmness in their skin and a honey glow, which meant they had to wear less makeup than usual to feel confident. If you don’t mind spending a little extra to get skincare from the Trusted Then I Met You name, this duo has one of the best toners in it.
- Scent: None
- Skin Type: All
- Size: 3.38 fl oz
- When you follow up with the included essence you’ll get even better results, according to regular users.
- After just one week people noticed their skin looked brighter and had a natural glow to it.
- Features all of the highly coveted skincare ingredients and packages them into an easy bottle for you to enjoy.
- Adds a feeling of firmness to your face that makes you feel and look younger.
- One of the best toners for people who suffer from acne and pimples, and will actively work to correct it.
- Comes in a twin pack so if you’re only shopping for a toner there are better products that deliver on this front.
- Looking at the price per fluid ounce of this toner, it’s one of the most expensive ones we’ve reviewed.
- Not suitable for all skin types and is better designed for people with problem skin, like acne and pimples that are hard to get rid of.
Alternative: I’m From Rice Toner
I’m From’s Rice Toner is a gentle alternative for a toner that’s made for normal, combination, and dry skin types, and an entry level product for teenagers and young adult users.
The 5.06fl oz bottle of toner contains 77.78% rice extract which boosts collagen production, plumps up the appearance of the skin, and helps you to retain water, as well as loads of vitamin E for softening the skin and making it feel youthful and supple.
I’m From has proven that toners don’t have to be drying just to be effective and this one is on the opposite end of the spectrum, helping your skin to retain water.
Using 77.78% rice extract is its key component, their Rice Toner keeps moisture in and helps produce collagen, so you won’t feel anything drying out but will still enjoy the balanced complexion and brightening that other quality toners offer.
This brand is committed to all nautral ingredients and they’ve delivered that with this toner, making it a smart option for people with sensitive skin or those new to skincare.
You’ll also find vitamin E in this formula which nourishes the skin, and along with the rice extract, it aims to even out dull skin and remove any troubling dark spots.
As a gentle approach from I’m From, don’t expect the most dramatic results right away with their Rice Toner, but what you will feel is how much softer and smoother your skin is after using it.
- Scent: Natural
- Skin Type: Normal, Combination, Dry
- Size: 5.07fl oz
- Rice toners like this are perfect for sensitive skin and those with concerns about the mildness of their skincare products.
- An affordable entry level toner to get into, but made with a premium formula and ingredients.
- The addition of rice extract makes this one of the best toners for brightening your skin tone.
- Uses all natural ingredients so you don’t have to worry about what you’re putting on your skin.
- A good choice for people with dry skin as it adds a lot of moisture, unlike regular toners.
- Because it’s so gentle, some users found it wasn’t strong enough to do what they required from a toner.
- Not the best choice for people with oily complexions as some people reported it seemed to make matters worse.
Alternative: Isntree Green Tea Fresh Toner
Isntree’s Green Tea Fresh Toner is a natural and moisturizing toner made with the powers of green tea extract, ginkgo tree extract, Asiatic pennywort extract, and more.
Coming in a large 6.6fl oz bottle and featuring a lightweight and gentle toner inside, it’s designed for all skin types and can be used as your very first toner.
Isntree Green Tea Fresh Toner is one of our favorite toners for people with sensitive skin, those who don’t want a lot of synthetics, or people brand new to using toners.
The star of this show is the green tea extract, and this one has been harvested directly from Jeju, but it also features other amino acids, protein, minerals, and polyphenol, making it just the thing your skin needs to absorb moisturizers and serums after you’ve applied it.
The Green Tea Fresh Toner has a refreshing natural scent and it’s lightweight and gentle for all users, no matter their skin type. It also makes use of anti-sebum P to control oil production and won’t dry your skin out or make it feel oily.
With only the finest natural ingredients and a large bottle that’ll last for a full year of regular use, this is one of the better priced toners that can still be classed as a luxury skincare product.
- Scent: Natural
- Skin Type: All
- Size: 6.6 fl oz
- If you want affordable entry level skincare, this toner is one of the best choices you can add to your lineup.
- This toner uses only the finest natural ingredients so there’s no need to second guess what you’re putting on your face.
- The addition of green tea helps with everything from purifying to relieving irritation so it’s a great all-rounder ingredient.
- Has a beautiful natural scent that’s not too overpowering and gives your face a refreshed feeling.
- Doesn’t dry your skin out like so many toners do and is gentle enough to be suitable for all skin types.
- Some people found this toner to be too water-like which made it feel as if they weren’t putting anything on their skin at all.
- This is a simple toner with gentle ingredients and not intended to be as potent as some of the other products we’ve reviewed.
Alternate: Soffli Gentle AHA Toner
Soffli’s Gentle AHA Toner is a 3.4fl oz bottle of goodness, featuring a blend of AHAs like glycolic and lactic acid, that hydrate, balance, and exfoliate the skin without stripping moisture away from it.
Used after cleansing, this toner is gentle enough for sensitive skin types but with enough oomph to get results, and it features a triple nutritional complex that makes it okay for everyday use.
Soffli has delivered another gentle alternative to skincare products with their Gentle AHA Toner. This toner’s secret ingredient is the blend of AHAs it uses, including glycolic and lactic acid, so it’s able to exfoliate at the same time as it refreshes.
Better still, it keeps your skin moisturized as well, earning it the reputation of the best hydrating toner Korean skincare has and dispelling the myth that toners have to be drying.
What makes Soffli such a renowned brand is their commitment to using minimal ingredients for maximum results, and everything they create is vegan-friendly, cruelty free, and without alcohol, parabens, sulfates, or anything nasty.
This toner is ideal for all skin types and is the best Korean toner for sensitive skin. It’ll cleanse your pores and balance the skin for a noticeably clearer complexion.
- Scent: None
- Skin Type: All
- Size: 3.4fl oz
- Users reported an instant improvement in their skin’s appearance and found it looked clearer right away.
- This gentle product can be enjoyed by all skin types, even sensitive ones.
- A moisturizing toner that is hard to come by and actually adds hydration to your skin rather than taking it.
- Products with low levels of AHA like this can also be used to exfoliate so you get two skincare treatments in one.
- Soffli’s range contains nothing harsh for the skin and is vegan friendly as well, making it ethically sound.
- As a gentler alternative to toners, you might find it’s not aggressive enough to deal with problem skin if you have it.
- For the bottle size and ingredients, it’s an expensive toner option that might not be reasonable for everyone’s budget.
Korean Toner FAQs
Toner’s role in our skincare routine has changed slightly these days and now it can offer a more targeted approach to whatever needs you might have.
To help you learn the basics of what a good toner should do, we’ve answered some commonly asked questions that can do just that.
Refresh and Reset With a Korean Toner
If your skin is one of the many types to benefit from a carefully chosen toner, you’ll see almost immediate results when you put it to work.
Our hand selected favorites represent the best that Korean skincare brands have to offer in toners, so pick one of them to be the missing piece in your daily routine.