A quality serum is worth its weight in gold offering a high concentration of the right ingredients but in a lightweight formula.
Korean serums are renowned as some of the best in the skincare market so if you’re looking to switch it up and see results, they’re the way to go.
What is the best Korean serum?
Korean face serums are designed for many purposes including dark spots, acne scars, dull skin, and anti-aging. Finding the one that best suits your skincare requirements and preferences is the best way to achieve the results you want.
If you’re looking for a serum that delivers on its promises and you have a specific skincare need, we’ve got some cult beauty picks for you.
We’ve chosen the top performing Korean face serums that are worth adding to your routine, so check out what each of them has to offer.
Our Picks for the Best Korean Serum
We’ve scoured far and wide to come up with just a handful of our favorite serums, including the Korean best serum for dark spots and acne scars and those made for anti-aging.
all from renowned Korean skincare brands. See which serums we’ve rated as the best and what you can expect when you implement them into your daily routine.
Missha’s Time Revolution Night Repair is a leading Korean serum for the face which comes in a 1.69fl. oz bottle with just a couple of drops needed.
This unique formula features 10 different probiotics, collagen enhancers, and fruit extracts, intended to brighten skin, reduce signs of aging, and improve elasticity.
Suitable for all skin types and with proven results after just 10 hours, it’s a gamechanger in the world of serums and a must for people who prefer natural ingredients in their skincare range.
The best serum for glowing skin Korean users rave about is Missha’s Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule 5X, offering a little more than your standard serum does.
With the key ingredient being Extreme Biome, you’ll find 77.2% of this serum is made with probiotics so it’s not just about the surface layer of skin.
These probiotics have been fermented which gives them an active boost of effectiveness and your skin is the one who will benefit from their higher concentration.
This is one of the best anti aging serum Korean products with users noticing an instant firmness of skin after the first application. With white lupine seed and sunflower seed oil included, the thinnest and saddest areas of your skin will be plumper than ever, including under the eyes and the beck.
As an overnight product, you apply it to the skin and gently pat it, then leave it to work its magic while you sleep, waking up to a noticeably better complexion in the morning without minimal effort.
There’s a huge selection of ingredients in this which means there’s something for every skin requirement. In this formula, you’ll find collagen, probiotics, and natural extracts like plum, carrot, and blueberry, as well as all of the usual favorites that are used in face serums.
Although there’s a slight synthetic fragrance to this serum, it might not be too overwhelming for some, but it all comes down to personal taste. For all of the work that Missha’s Time Revolution Night Repair is doing while you sleep, a little bit of smell will be worth it.
- Active Ingredients: Collagen, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Lactobacillus Ferment
- Skin Type: All
- Size: 1.69fl. oz
- Users felt results the next day after applying the ampoule for the first time so it’s fast acting just as promised by the brand.
- Because it’s suitable for all skin types, there’s no need to second guess how yours will react to this.
- Your skin feels instantly tighter and bouncier after applying which can reduce the signs of aging.
- There are loads of active probiotics in this so it goes further than skin deep to produce real results.
- With collagen-focused ingredients, it helps to plump up the skin in areas that might have been thinning out, which shaves years off your age.
- This can’t provide enough moisturization on its own, so you’ll want to complement it with another product if you require further hydration.
- There’s a slight scent to this serum which some users found off-putting, and others didn’t notice at all.
- You need to apply a little more than other serums to get full coverage of your face and neck, which may mean the bottle needs topping up more frequently.
Neogen Dermalogy’s White Truffle Serum features an oil drop texture and lightweight absorption that reinforces the skin’s natural barrier with just one application each morning.
The 1.69fl. oz pump bottle of serum contains active ingredients like white truffle, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid, making it ideal for moisturization and clarifying, giving you a brighter complexion. Take a look at our list of the best Korean vitamin c serum here.
The Neogen Dermalogy White Truffle Serum features white truffle and vitamin C that each do something completely different and beneficial, which makes it the best Korean brightening serum solution. Take a look at our list of the best
With a formula that absorbs instantly when applied, a product with zero fragrance left behind, and a gentle lightweight feel on your skin, you’ll hardly notice that you’re wearing it, except for the dewy and soft complexion you now have.
As one of the best Korean hyaluronic acid serum products, it does a great job of keeping skin moisturized, but if you have oily skin, you should avoid it.
Those with already oily complexions found it only made matters worse, but users with dry and combination skin noticed the biggest improvement.
The Tru-Skin Barrier technology used by Neogen is helpful for damaged skin as well and provides a barrier to protect it from being damaged in the future as well.
The White Truffle Serum comes in an easy pump bottle and can be applied daily for the best results. With a 1.69fl oz bottle and only a small amount of two drops needed to glide over your face, it’s one of the better-priced Korean serums, even if the brand has increased the cost of it since last year.
If brightening is your goal with a face serum, Neogen Dermalogy White Truffle Serum is the way to go.
- Active Ingredients: Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C,
- Skin Type: Dry, Normal, Combination, Sensitive
- Size: 1.69fl. oz
- Users noted instantly dewy skin and a feeling of hydration that stayed with them the whole day after applying this and it looked great underneath their makeup.
- The addition of white truffle is unique for a face serum and delivers great results.
- It feels incredibly lightweight on the skin and absorbs straight away without leaving behind a greasy feel.
- As a fragrance-free product there’s nothing overwhelming about this serum.
- You get a lot of use out of this serum so only a small amount is required to cover your whole face and neck.
- The price of this serum has doubled recently and some previous users aren’t happy about paying more for what used to be an affordable product.
- Users with oily skin found it aggravated their complexion because of the oil components in the serum, so it should be avoided if this is your skin type.
- Can only be used after your moisturizer each day, so make sure you read the instructions and apply it in the right sequence with your other products.
Somebymi’s Miracle Serum is another Korean favorite that features a proprietary blend of 14.5 Centella Asiatic extra, tea tree leaf water, PHA, BHA, and AHA, all working towards improving your complexion with one simple product.
This 1.69fl. oz bottle is a 30 day treatment designed to renew skin cells, remove waste, and encourage collagen production, in a formula that’s suited to all skin types and goals.
The 30 Day Miracle Serum by Somebymi is a product that stands up to its name, providing miraculous results for those who stick with it.
However, as the name also suggests, you’ll need to give it at least 30 days to see a difference in your skin tone and complexion, but the results will be worth it once you start to see them.
With key ingredients like AHA, PHA, and BHA, 30 Day Miracle Serum from Somebymi removes waste and dead skin cells, so it’s a serum that’s all about exfoliation and rejuvenation.
This is by far the best Korean serum for dark spots and acne scars because of how effectively it clears the complexion and even if you’ve been struggling with years trying to find a product that can fix them, you’ll have to wait no more.
This serum from Somebymi absorbs into the skin easily with a blend of tea tree leaf water and oils, as well as Centella Asiatica extract which has been proven to treat common skin conditions and the appearance of cellulite on the body.
As a lightly scented serum, some might not like having any fragrance, but the smell aside, this serum still glides on gently and comes in a handy dropper bottle so you don’t waste any of it.
- Active Ingredients: Centella Asiatica extract, AHA, BHA, PHA
- Skin Type: All
- Size: 1.69fl. oz
- One of the better exfoliating serums out there that/s designed to smooth the skin and remove waste that’s built up.
- People noticed their acne scars and sun spots fading after a few weeks of use, meaning less makeup and other products were required.
- Loads of key synthetic ingredients and natural ones combined to make their popular formula, giving you the best of both worlds.
- A handy dropper bottle makes for easy application and precise placement on your face and neck.
- The smooth water texture of Miracle Serum allows it to absorb easily and it feels soft and lightweight on your face.
- This serum has a slight fragrance to it which would have been better if they’d left it out of the formula.
- You’ll need to wait at least 30 days to see the results from this so it’s not as fast acting as others we’ve reviewed.
- Most users reported needing two bottles of this purchased for their first use because it takes a little longer to start working.
The Face Shop has formulated White Seed as their go-to brightening serum and it comes in a 1.69fl oz pump bottle for ease of use. Ingredients include squalene to regulate oil production and niacinamide which contains high levels of vitamin B, with both working together to deliver results.
According to The Face Shop, White Seed is about improving skin texture and reducing the appearance of pores, and it does so with loads of botanicals in the formula.
White Seed is the latest serum from The Face Shop and designed to brighten users’ complexions, which it does so effectively.
The pump bottle features two cult Korean beauty ingredients including squalene and niacinamide, so it brightens your skin tone and reduces the size of pores, meaning a noticeably better complexion in just a few days.
The addition of botanicals like white willow bark and white daisy give this serum a natural touch and make it gentle enough for all skin types to enjoy.
Reviewers with sensitive ones or people who had never used serum before found it a cinch to apply, however, if you’re used to serums you’ll notice that this one needs a few more drops to get full coverage on your face and neck.
Those with an oily complexion found White Seed by The Face Shop especially beneficial as it helps to regulate oil production, so if you’ve been looking for a serum that caters to your skin, this is it.
Coming in a 1.69fl oz bottle and with a healthy blend of natural and synthetic skincare ingredients, White Seed seems capable of doing it all.
- Active Ingredients: Niacinamide, squalene
- Skin Type: All
- Size: 1.69fl oz
- With oil regulating properties this is a great option for those with oily skin as it helps to even out the complexion.
- People noticed their skin was brighter after a few weeks of regular use.
- Users with larger pores found that regular application of White Seed shrank them and helped to clear up blackheads as well.
- Features lots of natural botanicals that are gentle for people with sensitive skin.
- After applying, your skin will feel firmer which can reduce the signs of aging like fine lines and sagging.
- Some reviewers noted issues with the pump being defective which meant they had to get the serum out with their finger.
- A floral scent is left behind on the skin after applying this and it can be overpowering if you prefer fragrance-free products.
- You’ll need at least three pumps of this serum to cover the face and neck so it’s not as long lasting as other serums.
Mizon Snail Repair Ampoule uses the power of snail filtrate to work, reducing fine lines and the appearance of scars and spots.
With hyaluronic acid and cocoa also included, this small 1.01fl. oz bottle gives you an instant moisture boost and improves the skin’s elasticity, so it has a lot to offer.
The Snail Repair Ampoule by Mizon is true to its name, featuring concentrated snail filtrate, as well as hyaluronic acid and antioxidant-rich cocoa.
With these three ingredients, it’s effective at improving the look and feel of your skin and adding a moisture barrier, so you’ll notice a difference after just one application.
Mizon has formulated this serum to be suitable and effective for all skin types, and users with sensitive skin were amazed at how gentle it was while still delivering results.
Once applied, users noted that there was no greasiness, no redness, but a noticeable smoothness to their complexion, proving just how kind it is to your skin.
Snail Repair goes on effortlessly and is easily absorbed by the skin, with many people being suspired it didn’t feel sticky because of the snail mucus content The compact 1.01fl. oz bottle means you must be careful with it, but having a dropper makes it easier to apply, as does the highly concentrated formula that makes the most of every ounce of space.
If you’re looking for a Korean face serum that’s not afraid to think outside of the box, Snail Repair by Mizon is it.
- Active Ingredients: Snail filtrate, hyaluronic acid
- Skin Type: All
- Size: 1.01fl. oz
- Users were surprised at the gentle texture that glided on smoothly and wasn’t sticky at all, and the overall feel afterward was lightweight and barely noticeable.
- Having snail filtrate in this serum puts it miles ahead of the competition for innovative components.
- Those needing a boost of moisture will get it with just one application of Snail Repair so the difference is immediate.
- People noted that their sunspots and acne scars started to fade after a month of regular use and they had a smoother complexion.
- As a highly concentrated formula, you’ll get some surprising results with just a small amount of serum.
- Having a snail by-product in a skincare product might be off-putting to some, even if you can’t feel or smell it.
- Those hoping for a vegan or cruelty free skincare product will want to choose something else, as Snail Repair doesn’t offer either.
- This is one of the more expensive serums out there and only comes in a tiny bottle which means you can only use a small amount at a time.
Korean Serum FAQs
The best Korean face serum could be the only thing standing between you and flawless skin, but you need to know how to choose the right one.
We’ve answered some questions about the purpose of serums and how to find the perfect fit, so read on to give yourself a lesson on the basics.
Serum for the Win
There’s a good reason why Korean skincare products have achieved such cult status and you’ll see it for yourself when you start using one of their most beloved face serums.
With our favorite finds for this must-have skincare product, you’ll be well on your way to the skin of your dreams, and all in a lightweight and gentle formula.