Having a moisturizer you can rely on is one of the most important parts of a skincare routine, and it just so happens that Korean skincare brands have the market cornered.
Finding the best Korean face moisturizer can be hard to do with so many great options out there, so narrowing it down to one that suits you is the best approach.
What should I look for in a facial moisturizer?
The most important feature is finding a moisturizer that matches your skin type, and if you’re not sure what this is, a dermatologist can help. Then, you’ll want to look for the ingredients and purpose of the moisturizer that suits, as some are for everyday use, others for anti-aging, and some for SPF protection.
Whether you need the best Korean moisturizer for dry skin or an oily complexion, we’ve hand-picked the ones that can deliver where you need them to.
With our help, you’ll know which moisturizers are highly favored and guaranteed to deliver results, giving you the softest skin of your life.
Our Top Choices for Best Korean Moisturizer
Korean skincare brands are renowned for their moisturizers and if you want to put them to the test yourself, you’ll only want the best of the best to choose from. We’ve hand-picked our favorite Korean moisturizers to suit every skin type and goal, so you can find your perfect fit.
Winner: Super Aqua Snail Renew
Super Aqua has developed their Snail Renew moisturizer as a one-step solution for dry, dull, and even skin.
The 4.40fl oz jar of moisturizer contains 65% snail slime mucus, deep seawater, baobab tree extract, and botanical callus extract, all working together to bring suppleness and softness to your face.
The best Korean moisturizer for dry skin has to go to Super Aqua Snail Renew, utilizing the power of snail mucus extract to work its magic in a thick, luxurious texture. The addition of the snail extract also helps with signs of aging, like a dull complexion of no elasticity, so it’s more than just a moisture boost.
Unfortunately, this moisturizer is recommended for 20- to 30-year-olds, so older customers will need to find some more concentrated to deal with anti-aging if that’s their goal for their skin.
However, anyone with dull and dry skin will benefit from the deep seawater and baobab tree extract that’s been used by Super Aqua. All customers reported intense and immediate moisturization no matter their age or how long they’d been using it.
Super Aqua Snail Renew is the best moisturizer for sensitive skin because of its natural ingredients and if you usually get irritated and red or break out after applying skincare products, this is the way to go.
If you only use one snail moisturizer Korean brand, it has to be Super Aqua with their Snail Renew, regardless of your age.
- Item form: Cream
- Skin type: Normal to dry
- Size: 4.4fl oz
- Adds an instant boost of moisturization for even the driest, dullest skin to enjoy.
- Having the snail extract included means it’s a great anti-aging tool that can boost the elasticity of the skin.
- The creamy texture goes on thick so you don’t need to use a lot to get results.
- For the ingredients, it’s one of the more affordable moisturizers in this premium category.
- If you already have problems with sebum, this isn’t the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin.
- Design for people under 30 to achieve the best results, so you may need to choose something more suited to your skincare requirements.
Runner Up: Manyo Factory Galactomy Essence Cream
Manyo Factory’s Galactomy Essence Cream is a moisturizer and anti-aging essence all in one. Formulated with 99.9% natural organic ingredients including argan oil, shea butter, and abalone enzyme, the 1.6fl oz bottle can assist with hydration, skin damage, and evening out your skin tone.
If you prefer all natural ingredients in your skincare, you’ll love everything about Manyo Factory’s Galactomy Essence Cream.
The brand’s reputation for being a sorceress of nature stands true with this moisturizer and it contains 99.9% natural organic ingredients, like heartleaf and shea butter, making it perfect for sensitive skin.
Galactomy Essence Cream is one of the more expensive choices in Korean moisturizers but the quality of its ingredients makes it worthy. The addition of galactomyces boosts collagen and improves elasticity, while the niacinamide brightens your skin tone and reduces the usual signs of aging.
This moisturizer is about more than just moisturizing and it comes in a thick, gel consistency that’s heavenly to rub on. However, some people noted they had to spend a little more rubbing it in as it didn’t absorb right away, so this is something to keep in mind.
If you’re after gentle, nourishing, and anti-aging properties in your daily moisturizer, the Galactomy Essence Cream by Manyo Factory is one of our favorites.
- Item form: Gel
- Skin type: Sensitive
- Size: 1.6fl oz
- Contains close to 100% natural organic ingredients so you’re only putting the best on your face.
- Has a luxuriously thick feeling to the gel that is like a dream when you’re putting it on your skin.
- Can help to reverse the damage done to the skin like sun spots and wrinkles, with regular use.
- The gentle ingredients in this make it the best Korean moisturizer for sensitive skin with users reporting no irritation.
- As a thicker gel-type cream, some users reported having to rub it in for a while to make it feel as though their skin had absorbed it.
- The smaller bottle size and higher price make it one of the costlier options we’ve reviewed, which could be a turn-off.
Alternative: Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream has been formulated to calm your skin, whether it’s from sunburn or being stressed out. Coming in two sizes of 1.01oz and 2oz, and features key ingredients like Centella and Guaiazulene, extracted from pure chamomile oil and giving it its famous blue tint.
Klairs is a Korean skincare favorite and their Midnight Blue Calming Cream is a blue colored lifesaver, designed for when your skin needs calming down.
According to Klairs, this is the best Korean moisturizer for combination skin, dry skin, oily skin, sensitive, and everything in between, and it also comes in a sheet mask for when you need more intensive treatment.
The two main components that make this cream so magical are the guaiazulene and the Centella, working together for amazing hydration and calm.
The former has been extracted from chamomile oil and is responsible for the gorgeous blue color of the moisturizer, where the latter provides hydration and soothes as well.
Although it’s not something you’d apply every day but more of a targeted approach to help calm the skin and deal with particular stressors, some people have noted that they use it during winter with amazing results.
When the Midnight Blue Calming Cream gets to work though, you’ll notice an immediate soothing feeling on your face, thanks to the carefully chosen ingredients formulated by Klairs.
- Item form: Cream
- Skin type: All
- Size: 1.01oz and 2oz
- This cream soothes everything from recent laser treatments to sunburn and the calming feeling is immediate.
- The quality of all of Klair’s skincare products has been adhered to with this cream and makes it an instant favorite.
- Although blue, there’s no scent coming from this moisturizer and it’s full of only good ingredients.
- You can use this during winter and times where extra hydration is needed from your regular moisturizer.
- Users also loved the sheet mask intended to go with this, to provide an intense moisture boost in case of emergency.
- As this isn’t designed for everyday use, you’ll still need to invest in a good moisturizer for your daily needs if that’s what you’re looking for.
- The blue color can be a bit alarming, especially as you’re rubbing it into your face, and some people might not be comfortable with it.
Alternative: Belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb from Belif is a high intensity moisturizer that’s designed to deliver results for up to 26 hours. Featuring comfrey leaf extract as its star element, along with Napier’s moisture formula, this intensive moisturizer comes in a 1.68fl oz jar and spreads on like a thick cream.
Belif’s True Cream Moisturizing Bomb does exactly as its name suggests and provides your skin with a hydration bomb.
According to the brand, you’ll feel a noticeable improvement in moisturization for up to 26 hours, and their loyal customers agree, making it the perfect choice for those with dry and damaged skin.
This isn’t a Korean moisturizer with SPF but rather designed to provide all-day hydration, so you’ll still need to apply a sunscreen as well.
As the main ingredients, people with sensitive skin will be pleased to know that comfrey leaf has also been proven for its anti-inflammatory benefits, so it soothes while it moisturizes.
Belif has designed this moisturizer to be used day or night, or both if you choose, but people with oily complexions or those who prefer lightweight formulas will want to avoid it.
For one of the better skincare brands, it’s reasonably priced, and will deliver on its promise to hydrate and moisturize, so you can put your trust in the True Cream Moisturizing Bomb from Belif.
- Item form: Cream
- Skin type: all
- Size: 1.68oz
- Perfectly suited to people with dry and damaged skin as its intense moisturization will get in deep where you need it to.
- The comfrey leaf assists with inflammation as well and makes it a good choice for sensitive skin users.
- Can be used as a morning and evening cream if you want a more efficient skincare routine.
- Reasonably priced for a premium beauty brand and a budget friendly way to get amazing skin.
- Especially helpful in colder climates or during winter when the air is dry and your skin needs extra nourishment.
- As a thicker cream moisturizer, some users found it a little too thick and like their skin couldn’t breathe if they applied too much, so be mindful of this when using it.
- If you have oily skin or combination skin, this could end up leaving a greasy residue behind which furthers the problem.
Alternative: Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream
Super Aqua’s Cell Renew Snail Cream is made for dry and damaged skin, using 70% snail slime extract, baobab tree extract, deep sea water, and botanical callus extract to work deeply and effectively.
The cream is designed to improve brightness, restore damaged skin, and help with moisture retention, and it’s a gel like moisturizer that comes in a compact 1.76fl oz jar.
Another of our favorite moisturizers from Super Aqua is their Cell Renew Snail Cream, using 70% snail mucus extract as its star ingredient, along with other natural and effective components.
This moisturizer is designed for normal, dry, and damaged skin, so it’s not the best Korean moisturizer for acne prone skin or those with oily complexions, as it’ll only do more harm.
The gel like texture of this moisturizer means it’s easy to apply and absorbs just as well, with your skin drinking it up as soon as it’s on there.
The deep sea water and baobab extract are what allow this to give you optimal hydration and you’ll feel the difference that the moisturization makes for the whole day until it comes time to wash it off.
Although effective, it is expensive, but the highly concentrated formula only requires you to use a small amount when compared to their other moisturizers.
If you’re looking to boost moisture retention and restore some health and brightness back to damaged skin, Super Aqua’s Cell Renew Snail Cream can do just that.
- Item form: Gel
- Skin type: Normal, dry, damaged
- Size: 1.76fl oz
- Has a lightweight gel texture that your skin drinks up easily and absorbs quickly, with no fear it’ll be wiped away.
- Due to the higher concentration of ingredients, you only need a small amount to cover your face and neck.
- One of the best options for people with dry and damaged skin as it can reverse whatever’s been done and restore your skin to its former glory.
- The use of snail mucus extract is only found in premium skincare products and it’s guaranteed results.
- An expensive option and one of the smaller jars of daily moisturizer we’ve seen, so you may need two to get started.
- If you have oily skin or are prone to acne, this moisturizer from Super Aqua will only aggravate it.
Best Korean Moisturizer FAQs
Korean skincare brands are known as some of the best in the world, but with so many to choose from, knowing which moisturizer to go with can be hard to go. So that you have some insight into facial moisturizers, we’ve answered a few FAQs that’ll give you the lowdown on how they work.
Smoother, Softer Skin Every Day
With a loyal facial moisturizer in your arsenal, you’ll find that all of your other skincare products work much more effectively. Whether you want something with SPF in it or a formula that suits oily skin, our favorite finds for the best Korean moisturizer will have everything you need.
The Best Korean Face Wash Cleaners