The best way to fight oil and other impurities is with oil itself, and for that reason, cleansing oil has become a beauty favorite. With so many cult-status Korean skincare brands out there, knowing who makes the best cleansing oil can be a challenge.
What should a cleansing oil do?
Cleansing oils are effective at dissolving bad oils and impurities that are present on the face so they can be washed away easily. A good cleansing oil is effective at dissolving sebum, makeup, dirt, and grime, and should be followed up with a water-based cleanser.
To help you find the best cleansing oil Korean brand, we’ve reviewed some of the top rated that real life users love.
With our help, you’ll be able to modernize your daily skincare routine and see amazing results that only the power of oil can achieve.
Our Choices for Best Korean Cleansing Oil
If you feel a little lost looking for a cleansing oil to suit your skincare requirements, we’re here to help. We’ve compiled the only and best cleansing oil review you need, with our hand-picked favorites that are consistently rated miles above the rest.
Winner: M Perfect BB Deep Cleansing Oil
M Perfect BB has developed their Deep Cleansing Oil to effectively more makeup and debris from the skin, and it comes in handy 6.7fl. oz pump bottle.
With key ingredients olive oil, sunflower oil, jojoba oil, and macadamia oil, you’ll get all of the right oils to dissolve the impurities on your face without drying it out.
The Deep Cleansing Oil from M Perfect BB was made specifically for removing makeup but it does so much more than that and is a must-add to your daily skincare routine.
The soft textured oil glides onto the face and removes all residue, and the addition of tea tree extract gives it a refreshing boost as well.
Users found it gentle but effective all in one and if you’ve tried other cleansers and found they left your face dried out or tight, you’ll be pleasantly surprised with this one from M Perfect BB. Coming in a larger bottle with lots of cleanser to go round, it’ll be months before it needs replenishing.
This is the best Korean cleansing oil for dry skin thanks to the packed formula of different oils and even those with sensitive skin found it nourishing.
Macadamia, olive, and jojoba are just a few of the oils used so it works with natural ingredients to soothe the skin, dissolve impurities, and refresh your complexion.
- Scent: N/A
- Skin Type: All
- Size: 6.7fl. oz
- One of the softest cleansers on the market and the best Korean cleansing oil for sensitive skin and dry skin.
- Even the thickest makeup can be removed with ease using this cleansing oil.
- After the oil is washed away, skin feels soft and supple with no tightness or drying to be found.
- A good sized bottle with plenty of oil that’ll last for months of regular use and great value for money at this size.
- Users with blackheads and pimples found this cleanser helped to unclog their pores and reduce breakouts.
- Has a strong fragrance to it which smells like a combination of floral and tea tree extract.
- You might need to add some water to the formula to get more slip and allow it to coat your face and neck, which is annoying.
Runner Up: Hanskin Pore Cleansing Oil
Hanskin Pore Cleansing Oil is a blackhead targeting oil that utilizes natural fruit extracts and oils, along with salicylic acid, to cleanse and exfoliate deeply.
The 10.14fl oz bottle comes with an easy pump action and is suited to oily and combination skin types, and it goes onto a dry face for the best results.
If blackheads are your main skincare problem, using a Pore Cleansing Oil like this one from Hanskin is the smartest thing you can do. The formula actively fights blackheads and cleans the skin using everything from citrus extracts to olive and jojoba oils to get the job done.
What makes this a standout oil cleaner is the presence of salicylic acid in the formula, and users noticed a huge difference after just a few washes.
With this acid, you’ll exfoliate as you cleanse which helps to control sebum and ensure the pores are being deep cleaned, but it can make it a little harsh for some.
This is the best Korean cleansing oil for oily skin, however, those with dry and sensitive skin types will want to avoid it.
Hanskin does make a gentler formula for these skin types that promises just as impressive results, and it comes in a large 10.14fl. oz bottle that’s budget friendly as well.
- Skin Type:
- Size: 10.14fl oz
- Will leave your skin luxuriously soft and supple after just one wash with it, so you get immediate results.
- As a blackhead targeting cleansing oil, you’ll notice your pores looking cleaner and reduced in size after a few weeks of regular use.
- This has a pleasant and mild scent that’s refreshing to find with oil cleansers.
- It’s easy to apply and gets a good slip so you can rub it in without too much of a struggle.
- This oil cleanser goes on dry and doesn’t need water to get it moving which is a huge bonus when you look at other cleansers.
- Although a larger bottle, this formula isn’t as concentrated as other cleansing oils and requires a little more product to get to work.
- This cleanser is only suitable for dry and combination skin types so avoid it if you’re prone to excess oil.
Alternative: Then I Met You Living Cleansing Balm
Then I Met You is one of Korea’s most hyped beauty brands and their Living Cleansing Balm is a star in their lineup.
The small 3.17fl oz jar contains olive oil, vitamin E, seaberry oil, persimmon extract, and more, and it comes out soft and turns into a supple oil as you rub it into your face, melting away impurities, makeup, and oil with it.
If you’re after a cleansing oil that can do it all, look no further than The Living Cleansing Balm by Then I Met You. The award-winning balm has a sorbet-like texture but as you rub it into the skin, it melts down into an oil, while rubbing away all of the makeup, oil, and other impurities on your skin as well.
Although a little more expensive and in a smaller jar, there are loads of active ingredients working for you.
You’ll find olive oil, vitamin E, and seaberry oil, and as with the rest of the lineup from Then I Met You, there’s no synthetic fragrances, alcohol, mineral oil, silicone, parabens or anything else nasty inside.
The Living Cleansing Balm is ideal for people who wear a lot of makeup or have excess sebum as it cuts through all residue with ease. Users also noted a brighter complexion after a few weeks of washing their face with it, and if you stick with it long enough, you’ll get to enjoy the anti-aging benefits too.
- Scent: Natural
- Skin Type: All
- Size: 3.17fl. oz
- Having a balm that goes on as soft and buttery then transforms to oil is a real treat for your face.
- There are no harsh or synthetic fragrances or ingredients which is exactly what your skin needs.
- Not only good for cleansing, this balm also fights signs of aging and can brighten your complexion.
- Good for all skin types, even those with super oily skin or people usually sensitive to cleansers.
- For the amount of product you get in this jar, Living Cleansing Balm is one of the more expensive options for a good cleansing oil.
- You must follow this up with a water-based cleanser otherwise you’ll notice a lot of oily residues left behind, so it can’t be a standalone product.
Alternative: Tonymoly Wonder Cleansing Oil
Harness the power of apricot with Tonymoly’s Wonder Cleansing Oil, a cleanser that contains 1000ppmm of apricot seed oil, along with jojoba seed oil, macadamia seed oil, pomegranate seed oil, and meadowfoam seed oil.
Working best for dry skin, the 7.9fl. oz bottle lathers into a milky texture for easy application and strips away makeup and deep cleans your pores.
Tonymoly has created one of the best cleansing oils for makeup lovers with their Wonder oil, and it effectively cuts through even the thickest foundations and sunscreens. The key ingredient is apricot seed oil that gets deep into your pores and works its magic, without being too overpowering and irritating.
This isn’t the best cleanser if you have oily skin, and even those with normal or combination skin will need to be careful, as it can cause excess sebum.
However, all users agreed that it hydrated the skin as well as cleansed it, so you won’t feel tight and dry like some other cleansers make you do.
Wonder Cleansing Oil from Tony Moly is an affordable option with a huge bottle that’ll last forever, and it comes with a subtle natural scent thanks to the pomegranate seed oil and jojoba seed oil.
If you need an aggressive cleanser and don’t suffer from an oily complexion, let the blend of natural ingredients get to work on your skin.
- Scent: Apricot
- Skin Type: Dry
- Size: 7.9fl. oz
- One of the toughest cleansers for removing makeup and a smart pick for people who need an oil that’s more intense.
- Has a beautiful natural scent of apricot and pomegranate that stays with you all day.
- This is a bargain find for a quality cleansing oil and a large bottle that’ll last for up to a year of regular use.
- The apricot seed oil gets deep into the pores and helps those with blackheads and acne as well.
- The cleansing oil turns into a milky texture which makes it easy to rub into your skin and a treat to wash away.
- This cleanser is better left for those with dry complexions, and some normal skin types, otherwise it’ll leave too much oily residue on your face.
- The price has been increased recently with some regular users complaining about the increase.
Alternative: The Face Shop Rice Water Bright
The Face Shop has formulated a gentle cleanser that features rice water, moringa oil, soapwort, vitamins A, B, and E, as well as ceramide, and bottled it all into their Rice Water Bright.
This cleanser comes 5.0fl. oz bottle with a pump applicator and can be used daily to remove impurities and soften the skin, with two options of either a light or rich formula.
The Face Shop’s Rice Water Bright is another Korean beauty cult favorite and a must for anyone looking for a softer cleanser.
The oil-based cleanser features a range of vitamins including A, B, and E, soapwort, moringa oil, and ceramide, but the key ingredient is the rice water that does the work.
Users noted that their complexion looked brighter after a few weeks of use, and those with usually sensitive skin didn’t have any irritation.
However, if you have oily skin, there are better options out there as this one can cause excess sebum in some people. You’ll especially need to be mindful about cleansing again with a water based cleanser if oil is a concern of yours.
Rice Water Bright from The Face Shop is the perfect cleanser for users who want something gentle, but not recommended for people who wear a lot of makeup or have lots of impurities to remove.
However, as a softer alternative, it leaves your skin feeling more supple than other cleansers, so if you’re looking for a gentle touch, this is the way to go.
- Scent: Floral
- Skin Type: Dry to normal
- Size: 5.0fl. oz
- One of the softest and gentlest cleansers out there that’ll leave your skin feeling luxuriously supple.
- A good option for people who need basic skincare but still want the benefits of cleansing oil.
- Utilizes the trendy ingredient of rice water that has proven results for improving skin texture and cleanliness.
- Pumps out with just the right amount and you’ll get plenty of use out of one bottle.
- An affordable option for skincare and the cheapest Korean cleansing oil we’ve reviewed.
- The floral scent could be overwhelming for users who prefer their skincare products to be fragrance free.
- It’s not as aggressive at cleaning away makeup so if you’re someone who wears a lot, you’ll need to upgrade.
- People with oily skin found this actually caused more sebum production so it’s not recommended.
Korean Cleansing Oil FAQs
A carefully chosen Korean skincare cleansing oil can make a huge difference to your skin and form part of a double cleanse that’ll change the game forever. If you’re still unsure about using cleansing oils and how to do it right, read on for some FAQs that can give you the lowdown.
Melt Away Your Worries
If you’re yet to incorporate a cleansing oil into your skincare routine, you could be missing out. To help you get started, try one of our recommendations for the best Korean cleansing oil and see what difference this impurity melting wonder product can make.