Are your big pores getting in the way of your flawless makeup?
Do you find yourself retouching foundation or concealer after three hours of applying them?
No woman should be subjected to this daily torment. What you need is the Benefit POREfessional Pore Primer!
The POREfessional’s balmy texture and translucent formula have been the holy grail of primers. Many swear by its effectiveness to cover fine lines and pores, no matter how big they are. Plus, it has been the best-selling Prestige face primer in the U.S. for the past four years. That speaks volumes to what this primer can do!
Benefit’s POREfessional Pore Primer has been the go-to primer of many women and makeup artists out there. It’s not really surprising why. This face primer has always delivered its promises. The only drawback is, the price can be too steep for some. But don’t fret, the makeup world is full of treasures waiting to be discovered. And we’ve found some dupes you can give a try. Our fave? The Touch in Sol No Pore Blem Primer.
If you’re looking for a primer that works just as well as the POREfessional but something more affordable, this primer will do its job and then some. We’ll tell you how it became our numero uno on our primer dupe list in a bit!
The Benefit POREfessional Pore Primer is hailed as one of the best pore erasers in the beauty world. Whether you’re a Benefit gal or not, you’ll easily fall in love with this product?
The POREfessional Pore Primer helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and pores, no matter how big they are. The balmy texture sinks into the fine lines and pores to create a smooth canvas when you apply makeup. It also helps makeup stay put without the heavy feeling. You won’t feel like you’re wearing a primer in the first place!
It has a natural matte finish, which is perfect for people who avoid the shine. There are no oils used in its ingredients, but it does have a vitamin E derivative that helps protect your skin from free radical damage. Best of all, the POREfessional Pore Primer looks great with any skin tone. It’s really no wonder why this product has become an instant cult-favorite!
After applying moisturizer and sunscreen to your face, apply a thin layer of the POREfessional Pore Primer. Pat from the center of the face outwards until you cover all the areas. Don’t forget to put some on the neck, too. During the day, when your pores are peeking through, just reapply and blend with your makeup.
By the way, you can use the POREfessional primer both before and after makeup for that extra matte finish and staying power!
The love for the POREfessional is loud and clear, but it’s a bit expensive for some people. Thankfully, there are more affordable face primers out there you can try. Who knows? You might fall in love with something other than Benefit’s POREfessional.
Here are the best POREfessional dupes in the market today:
Touch in Sol is a Korean brand. One of it’s best products is the No Pore Blem Primer, which helps blur out the appearance of pores, fine lines, and wrinkles. It helps even out skin tone at the same time. It leaves the skin velvety smooth and prepares the skin for a flawless makeup look. Not only does it follow through with its promises, but it is also formulated without parabens, phthalates, and sulfates. Plus, it’s hypoallergenic, vegan, and cruelty-free.
- The lotion-like texture is spread smoothly and evenly.
- Users love its effectiveness in filling in pores, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Product sinks into the skin.
- The primer is said to be long-lasting and helps makeup stay longer, too.
- It works well on oily skin.
- Makeup easily glides on top of it.
- It can be a bit drying for people with dry skin.
- Some users say it’s not good with sensitive skin.
- Some say they find it sticky, and it doesn’t stay in place.
Where to buy it: Amazon
Runner Up (it was a close call!)
The DHC Velvet Skin Coat is another highly regarded face primer. Although it’s not as cheap as the other dupes in this list, people who love this are willing to spend a little more. The velvet skin coat is aptly named as its powder-gel formula feels like velvet on the skin. Further, it’s formula contains organic olive oil, which helps in protecting the skin from environmental stressors. Plus, it has silica that absorbs excess sebum and sweat.
- People are raving about its velvety, smooth case.
- It evens out wrinkles, skin tone, and texture.
- Works well in absorbing excess oil.
- It helps minimize pore appearance.
- It helps create a flawless look, too.
- Users say it’s not as long-lasting, so they find themselves retouching more often than they should.
- It can be drying for those with dry skin and sensitive skin. Yet, it can also feel greasy for those with oily skin.
- Some users say the primer clogged their pores and led to breakouts.
- There are pilling instances.
Where to buy it: Amazon
Maybelline’s Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser always comes up when you look for POREfessional dupes. It’s one of the most affordable primers out there without sacrificing quality. It promises the same thing — reduces the appearance of large pores, matte finish, and smooth makeup application. Maybelline also claims that it’s hydrating enough for dry skin. It’s non-comedogenic and fragrance-free, which is great for people with acne-prone and sensitive skin.
- It works well in hiding and covering pores.
- Makes skin look fresh even without applying anything on top of it.
- It makes the skin look super smooth.
- A little product goes a long way.
- It’s the best product at its price point.
- Some experience a sheer finish more than a matte finish.
- Makeup doesn’t sit properly on top of the primer. Some users say their concealer slid and creased.
- For some users, their pores are not reduced or covered.
- There are also people who experienced breakouts.
Where to buy it: Amazon
Aritaum is another Korean brand, and beauty bloggers are raving about the Pore Master Sebum Control Primer. It doesn’t have as much following as our top dupes, but some people swear by this product, too. As its name describes, this primer is focused on controlling excess sebum and oils to mattify the skin. Nonetheless, Aritaum claims that this primer works great with dry skin because it’s hydrating. To add, this primer has green tea extract that helps soothe and calm skin redness.
- Work well in controlling excess sebum production.
- It helps in mattifying the skin, especially for those with oily complexions.
- Some users say they don’t need to wear concealer or foundation on top because this primer evens out skin tone well.
- This primer stays long.
- Some users experience poor oil control.
- The primer pills on the skin.
- It also has a tendency to clump.
- It isn’t useful in blurring out pores.
Where to buy it: Amazon
You might have heard of the NYX Pore Filler already. That’s because NYX is a drugstore brand that offers affordable yet quality products. The Pore Filler claims to minimize pore appearance, preps the skin for flawless makeup application, and removes shine. It has a silky formula and feels lightweight on the skin. The Pore Filler also helps in making your makeup last longer.
- It is effective in covering large pores and pitted scars, which helps smoothen out skin texture.
- Gives the skin a smooth finish so the foundation can easily glide on.
- It doesn’t leave a greasy feeling.
- It can be worn under or on top of makeup.
- Users are complaining of its weird consistency described as a foamy texture but peel off when applied to the skin.
- It can have a chalky and cakey finish.
- Some say it can be drying to the skin but can be greasy to those with oily skin.
- Some users are disappointed that it doesn’t cover their pores.
Where to buy it: Amazon
Benefit POREfessional is undoubtedly on top of the primer game. It really sets the bar! So if you’re looking for that smartphone camera’s Bokeh effect in a tube, then this is definitely the primer you need! Hide those pores and fine lines and look great all day long without worrying about shine or your makeup creasing!
Yet if you’re looking for something more affordable, these dupes can get the job done at a fraction of the cost. Our fave is the Touch in Sol No Pore Blem Primer. Go ahead and give it a try!
Benefit has three variants of the POREfessional: the Pearl Primer, Hydrating Primer, and Pore Primer. If you have dry skin and want to ensure it remains hydrated and moisturized, go for the Hydrating Primer. The Pearl Primer is best for those looking to brighten up their skin. All POREfessional primers are lightweight and have pore-minimizing power.
The POREfessional Pore Primer does not use gluten or soy ingredients. However, Benefit says that they cannot trace where all their raw materials come from. Some of them may accidentally come into contact with soy or gluten during the manufacturing process.
Apply the primer after applying the moisturizer. Apply the BB cream after the primer.
No, it is not.
The POREfessional doesn’t claim that it is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Benefit says that you’re unlikely to have an allergic reaction. But just to be safe, you may bring their list of ingredients to your doctor.
The POREfessional comes in three sizes: mini (7.5ml), standard (22ml), and value (44ml).
Yes! It works great around the eyes and holds the concealer and eye shadows in place. No creasing and smudging!
When unopened, the product can last up to 36 months.
It is silicone-based.
Yes, anyone can use it.
Benefit says there’s very little to zero smell; the scent is unnoticeable.